Monday, February 18, 2008

That Dreaded "Forbidden" Message

Wahhh.... I wrote a nice long post then blogger decided to give me a hard time... wouldn't publish it- wouldn't save it... instead it gave me a nasty error message 403 Forbidden and something about my post looking like a virus or bot etc. Finally I deleted all cookies (I hate doing that) rebooted my compaq, and waited a while. Then I went to status.blogger.com and lo and behold there was the blogger toolbar again, so I got here via that. I had copied my post but didn't realise that copy wouldn't work after rebooting, so it's gone. Anyhooooooo..... sigh.......

Maybe I'll rewrite it tomorrow. For now I'm tucking into bed with a hot cup of tea and a pile of good books. Waiting for my sweetie to come home tonight from Vienna (after midnight) and sneak into bed. I just know he'll have freezing cold toes! Brrrrr

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Would you believe that it is super cold here in Cairo today... my dear husband is away for the first time on a business trip.. and I ever since blogger introduced arabic, my life has become hell - so much so that I now type ALL my posts in MSword.. copy and paste to blogger a)because the spellcheck doesn't work and b) because blogger eats words like nothing I have ever seen... and last time it did it... I cried. Such a wimp! Have you got a hot water bottle?

Lynda said...

Oh and I just made a new mate that has recently arrived from Bratislava... small world huh!

O said...

Your evening sounds delicious...hot tea and books! The only thing that is missing are cookies.

oreneta said...

Sometimes I get that 403 message (sounds like a highway to me) and if I try to do anything proactive I lose it all, but if I jsut calmly go to my site, lo and behold, there it is...published. One of life's little mysteries, but if you try it...that may work. Or write on your computer and copy it onto blogger, but I hate doing it that way.

Esben Agersnap said...

Sucks losing a blog-post you put effort into. Know the feeling.

Next time you have trouble, just copy everything into a word-document and save that. I have saved a lot of blood, tears and sweat that way.