1. How many keys are on your keychain? 10! All for the villa too!
2. What curse word do you use the most? I had my mouth washed out with soap for saying the F word at the age of 5 and find it extremely hard to use any curse word. If pushed I might say "darn"!
3. Do you own an iPod? I love her... she has a pink cover and a nice big 20 gb memory. I hook her up to my fab ipod speaker set and play her really loud. I also listen to books on her a lot.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for? I haven't used one since I got married. P has an internal alarm and always gets up before me. He's never been late for work in 28 years!
5. How many suitcases do you own? 15 plus various carry-ons. I always end up buying another one whenever I am away because everything I bought won't fit into the bags I brought with me.
6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside? I don't wear flip-flops because they've always given me a blister between my toes. But I wear sandals for as long as possible- I get stares in early April and late November because of my open toe shoes.
7. Where do you buy your groceries from? Usually at the local Conad (an Italian supermarket that recently opened here) and some things at the neighbourhood grocers.
8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take it! And watch out- I always have a camera with me!
9. What was the last movie you watched? Bella Mafia (yesterday on Digi+)- great movie from 1997 with Med Tilly.
10. Do any of your friends have children? By my age almost everyone does, but a few have none.
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy? Well last month when I won big at the casino in Corfu I kind of felt like I had that sort of opportunity. I saved the money for a while and then just splurged on a few new things like a good watch and some new books. But with a BIG win I would buy homes for my kids.
12. Has anyone ever called you lazy? I don't think so. I'm usually more of a "You're too busy" sort of person.
13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? I am almost always asleep the minute my head hits my pillow and if not I just read and within minutes my book keeps hitting me in the face.
14. What CD is currently in your CD player? Sergio Mendes "Timeless"
15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Regular, but only on my cereal, not to drink.
16. Has anyone told you a secret this week? yep
17. When was the last time someone hit on you? Just 2 months ago when we moved into our new villa-- the charming elderly man next door kissed my hand and gave me roses from his garden.
18. What did you have for dinner? Prosciutto and Melon with some ciabatta and fresh cheese.
19. Do you wear hoodies often? Haven't worn one in about 30 years!
20. Can you whistle? No- and it's a life-long dream to be able to.
21. Have you ever participated in a protest? Is walking in a Gay Pride Parade a protest?
22. Who was the last person to call you? P telling me he was on his way home.
23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park? I've always loved roller coasters but it's been at least 10 years since I've been on one.
24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? Probably and why not?
25. What area code are you in right now? I guess the answer is 20
26. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Must have been the original Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny series. Oh and I loved The Flintstones!
27. How big is your local mall? It's pretty new and it's pretty small.
28. How many siblings do you have? 1 handsome brother.
29. Are you shy around the opposite sex? Not at all.
30. What is your biggest regret? Not having a dog when our kids were growing up.
31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt? With Cyndi and Danillo in Italy last week. We rarely stop laughing when we're together!
32. What movie do you know every line to? Probably The English Patient is as close as I come to knowing every line.
33. Do you own any band t–shirts? Not even one but if I did it would be Queen.
34. When was your last plane ride? 3 weeks ago returning from Vienna Austria.
35. How many chairs are at your dining room table? Ummm... we have 3 dining tables! One with 4 chairs, and two with 6. It's a big house.
36. Do you read for fun? Constantly. It's my one big vice.
37. Can you speak any languages other than English? None fluently but I can get by in Dutch, Romanian, French and even a little Albanian. I gave up on Czech, and now I'd like to learn Italian.
38. Do you do your own dishes? Yep, most fit in the dihwasher but our dinner plates are too tall so I have to wash them by hand.
39. What color is your bedroom painted? The main colour is a beautiful shade of mango-peach.
40. Have you ever cried in public? Yes, quite often, especially when I was younger.
41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Both but I use the laptop for everything. I haven't even reconnected the desktop since we moved.
42. Which do you make, wishes or plans? So many of my wishes have already come true, but plans are what made them real.
43. Are you always trying to learn new things? Always! If I see or hear about something new that I'd like to do- I buy books, take courses, and just do it!
44. Do you shower on a daily basis? As long as we have water!
45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? No. (tee hee)
46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date? Do people still go out on "dates"??
47. Can you skip rocks? Yes, daddy taught me that one.
48. Have you ever been to Jamaica? No.
49. What to snack on at the movie theaters? Buttery popcorn- it's irresistable.
50. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Mallotzi- not sure if that's spelled right or not- but I was lucky to have her teach me in two grades, 2 and 4. She was a beautiful, young, stylish Italian, and she drove a red 65 Mustang.
51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race? Not that I can remember but I wouldn't have had a problem with it, and neither would my parents.
52. What is the weather like? Hot (over 30)and windy today.
53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? Probably not.
54. Do you have an online journal? Uh huh.
55. What was your favorite class in high school? Art with Mr. T
56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes? I love it and that's a good thing considering all the travel I do in a year!
57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender? Kindness.
58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive? That's a weird question, but I would say yes I guess. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
59. When was the last time you slept on the floor? Can't recall ever doing that!
60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? How do you spell it? Caipirinha?
61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru? Nothing in Albania has a drive through! And we don't have any of the franchises here yet- no Starbucks and no MacDonalds.
62. Do you like your living arrangement? Oh yessss... we really have a fabulous villa (when there's water and electricity!)
63. What is your mother’s hometown? Spryfield, Nova Scotia
64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? If I could I'd live in my bed so let's say at least 7.
65. Do you eat breakfast daily? Yes- Special K
66. What was the last thing to scare you? When my dog fainted after hyperventilating because she was so excited to see me!
67. Are your days full and fast–paced? From Sept. to June I'd say they quite full but the summer is nice and slow.
68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class? All the time and it was on every report card!
69. What is your favorite fruit? Really tart Granny Smith Apples from South Africa
70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? Not really, but I do check the carbs.
71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? Oh I hate it---49. Yuck.
72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Generally yes. And if I am reading a book with bad spelling or grammar it truly annoys me and I usually can't finish reading it.
73. Do you believe in life on other planets? No
74. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes, I think it was in Tennessee?
75. Who was the last person to piss you off? The man in the supermarket today who just jumped to the front of the line because he only had one item. Why do Albanians have this habit?
76. Do you believe that God has a gender? Definitely not.
77. What was the last thing you ate? Dinner (see # 18)
78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? I think I get along equally well with both.
79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? I can't remember but I've always liked being a ghost.
80. How did your parents pick your name? I don't know for sure but I think it was something to do with a Hollywood actress- maybe Kim Novak?
81. Do you like mustard? I LOVE it, and I think the best way to eat a hotdog is with a fresh bun and simple mustard. Delish!
82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard? This Too Shall Pass.
83. Would you ever sky dive? No way-- but I did witness my son do it!
84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? Side or back- never on my tummy.
85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself? I'd like to be a little like Meg in that movie I watched yesterday- a sort of sexy screwball!
86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay? I tried to register but living in Albania makes it rather impossible.
87. Do you enjoy giving hugs? Oh Yes!
88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable? For years I've worn black but this year I decided to live more colourfully. Perhaps it's less fashionable but it's far more fun!
89. Do you own a digital camera? I actually owned one of the first models where you used a floppy disk for memory!! And I buy a new one every year or two so I have a growing camera museum here.
90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Flattered but uncomfortable.
91. What celebrities have you been compared to? Uhhh.... someone once told me I was a dead ringer for RoseAnne Barr. Haaaa Haaaa! But someone else once told me I had Elizabeth Taylor eyes. That's nicer.
92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? I don't have one-- I can't remember ever having watched the movie.
93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do? Of course. Or when people don't respond to SMS's.
94. What books, if any, have made you cry? The Time Travellers Wife.
95. Do you think you’re attractive? No, but with a lot of effort I fix up pretty good.
96. What are you allergic to? Nothing that I'm aware of.
97. Are you a jealous person? Not usually.
98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? It happens.
99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat? Yes, and have tried being vegetarian several times in my life because of the guilt. But I can't stick to it.
100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been? I think my parents liked the name James.
101. Is it lunch time yet? That was hours ago.... time for a cup of tea now!
I tag anyone else with nothing else to write about.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License