1. My hubby calls me "Gadget Girl" because I am crazy for any new gadgets and techie stuff. I'm like a magnet and if I sit too long in any one place, a pile of techie stuff will start piling up around me!
2. I LOVE playing Scrabble and the CD is always in my laptop ready to go. My best play was 87 points, my best game was 438, and my rating is currently 1239.
3. I know a little bit of a lot of languages. It started in primary school where we were taught French (I grew up in Canada), then in High School I took a Latin course, in Seminary (yes I went to seminary) I took Ancient Greek. When we moved abroad I took Dutch lessons, then Romanian and German lessons, then Czech lessons (that is a very difficult language!), and now I am contemplatin Albanian lessons. I already have several books sitting on my desk for the Albanian. I am only fluent in English!
4. I was in a movie once. It is called Wild Dogs and is about a dog catcher and a diplomat in Bucharest. It was a very hot day and we (myself and my two friends)were supposed to be 'ladies at a cocktail party'. I loved it! I imagined we were the 3 graces. The director told me I was "the glamourous one" and I was thrilled. The famous actor David Hayman starred in the movie. He was also in Rob Roy (one of my favourite movies ever!)
That's my half face! Hahahaha!
5. I LOVE books and I am constantly reading. I'm cataloguing our books on LibraryThing and so far I have almost 700 in the list, with many more to do. I read two great books over the weekend, Between Mountains, a love story set during the time of the Bosnian War, and The Stowaway, about the Romanian man who stowed away on a ship and made it to Canada.
6. I saved the best for last! I have two amazing kids, Rebekah and Joshua, who both live in the Toronto area. She's almost 26 and he's 23 and I am hysterically proud of them. Becky studied Art History (she takes after me!) and Josh studied International Business (like his father!). Both are not married (yet!)but have exceptionally wonderful partners.
So that's it... 6 Things About Me.
Now.... *wicked laugh*... I tag... SeaWitch and Dixie Peach and anyone else who's up to the challenge!