Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back to Blogging!

Well............... I've finally found the motivation to get back to blogging----> being pestered to death by friends, family, and apparently even fans. Thanks for all the sweet emails and phone calls---- I shall now commit to daily writing.
I have 2.5 weeks left before I fly back to my amazing hubby who is waiting expectantly in Tirana, Albania. We've had extended periods of time in our marriage where we've had to be apart- like when we first moved to Amsterdam and Peter immediately left to work in the Phillipines for 3 months. That was hard, really hard. This time we've been apart for 4 months and though it has been a challenge, I've loved spending time with my parents. It's not a very common opportunity in life. Generally you get married and maybe visit your parents on weekends or summer vacation, but to have 4 months alone with them is a very special gift for me. I have wonderful, huge-hearted parents, and I adore them. If you ever have the chance, stay with your parents for a month or two as an adult. You'll discover a lot about yourself and about them.

4 comments:

christina said...

You're back - how wonderful! Great that you've had some "quality time" with your parents even if it means missing your husband. I get to see my parents once every two years for 5 weeks and I miss them dearly.

Expat Traveler said...

Hey your back!!! I thought we wouldn't see you again. IT was only a few days ago I checked in and now I saw it from Christina's comments...

Welcome back! Missed you..

Prairie Girl said...

I'm so happy to see you posting! Yes, life changes eh? Here I am back in Canada too. And staying with my Dad. He's always been wonderful but now that we are both older seems our edgy bits (that clashed earlier) have worn down and now we mesh quite nicely together.

swissmiss said...

Hey welcome back!