Thursday, November 17, 2005

Paella, Gazpacho, Sangria?

While living in Romania we were part of a lovely little group of fellow foodies who went out to dinner together every 6 weeks or so. We called ourselves "The Glutton Club" and even went a little wild and travelled to other countries in search of the elusive perfect meal. We went to Athens and ate at Mezzo Mezzo (and some of us were shocked), we went to Turkey and ate numerous Iskander Kabobs, and to Amsterdam where we ate at the oldest restaurant in Holland, and we even took the train to Transylvania. Tomorrow we will meet in Madrid for the weekend and once again we will eat, and laugh, and enjoy our friends. So I will be back at midnight on Monday. Until then, be good and eat meals with friends!

8 comments:

melusina said...

Wow, sounds like a blast! Have fun and eat something for me!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip! It's so wonderful to be so close to other countries. I miss that so much here in north america. I suppose as far away as we could get is mexico or quebec to experience something a bit different.

christina said...

Well, now you certainly know everything you need to know about Albanians in love. :-)

Hope you have a great time and great food in Madrid!

Cynthia Rae said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Take LOTS of pictures for you blog too! The husband and I have been wanting to go to Spain for a long time. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Cyn

Mona said...

Wow, all those places sound great. Yes, meals with friends are a vital part of my existence:)

Cynthia Rae said...

Where are you?
Did you decided to stay in Spain?

Cyn

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for a new post too. I suppose things could have only gotten worse for you. Let's hope for the best and a report soon. :)

Titania said...

I see you like Spain...
Here is not so far from there ;)
As for myself I adore paella and sangria, and gazpacho not that much...
Greetings from Portugal!