Friday, January 11, 2008

We're Walking On Sunshine!

After getting all your sympathy for yesterday's post about our recent experience at the hairsalon, I think it would be a good idea to balance that out a bit and make you jealous now.

Guess how I spent my day today- January 11?? Not at the beauty salon, not hunting for groceries, not covering my face with a mask as I walked through the toxic streets of Tirana.

No. No. No. You guessed wrong.

Today, in the middle of WINTER, I spent the day with 5 of my sweetest friends, strolling on the BEACH, carrying our coats and gloves, with our faces turned towards the sun. Is there anything more glorious than being with a bunch of fabulous giggling women walking on the beach in January?? I don't think so. After a long walk in which we attracted lots of stares, we sat ourselves down and enjoyed glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice and pots of lemon tea before driving back to the city where we shared several varieties of quiches and Salad Nicoise at the very charming French Bakery in the blok.

I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday in the middle of January. Thank you Girlfriends!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow very interesting blog... now I have to go and google Tirana because I don't have a clue where that is.

Alison said...

Yup, definitely jealous in Belgium :)

eni said...

yep great choice! i think i must do it when i come there!have a greta weekend dear Kim!

Cynthia Rae said...

The next time you go the beach let me know. I will stand on this side and wave back at you girls!

Thanks for the purple lion award! I still need to post about it. I told myself I would be a better blogger this year!

Cyn
ps. Did you ever get the emails I sent before Christmas?