I usually wake up every morning and pinch myself just to make sure that my life is real.
Today was one of the other kind of days... if I pinched myself this morning I probably just would have cried... sigh...
1. We have FIVE water storage tanks on our roof... and not a drop of water. I thought it was a problem with the pump but after asking the neighbours it seems as if the whole area has been without water for quite a few days. At 1 pm we had water for 5 minutes and it filled one of the small solar water tanks and then stopped. We've been told we might get another fill up at 6:30 PM if we're lucky. I wonder if we'll have enough to do all the laundry?
2. It's been almost 40 degrees celsius for about a week now and the air conditioners are running overtime. While we were away the one in the living room dripped water INTO our TV and so... that one is now kaput. Luckily we had another one downstairs.
3. I went out for 2 hours and came back to a huge puddle of water under the kitchen sink, which must have happened when we had that 5 minutes of water at 1 pm.
4. We were out because we had to go see our doctor. Peter has Bronchitus and I have a nasty case of athlete's foot (picked up at that lovely little place where I had a pedicure recently). Peter said it was a good thing I didn't get a bikini wax there. Groan.
5. One of my goldfish died. Pout. He was just over 2 years old which I guess is pretty good for a fish.
Just needed to get these things off my chest... am feeling better already! Thanks for listening.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License