Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Viva Italia!

A decision has been made: A month from now we will take the overnight ferry from Durres, Albania and arrive in the morning in Bari, Italy. From there we will spend 5 wonderful days driving around Italy and perhaps through Croatia & Montenegro before returning 'home'.
If any of you would like coffee/dinner with my adorable husband and my enchanting self, let me know and if we can arrange it- we will. Woudn't it be fun??
And... any suggestions for what we MUST see would be great. I think we will avoid Rome (will save it for another trip), Florence and Venice (because we've been there). I'd like to start with Naples and drive north I think. So give me ideas!

3 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

OMG, T1. I want to go with you on the entire trip, not just for coffee/dinner! What a great venture for you both, which I know you will totally enjoy. Journey mercies to you both!

Anonymous said...

I wish that I lived nearer to that area!! It would be fabulous to meet you both for dinner....there are so many things that I'd love to hear about in regards to Eastern Europe. Still have yet to visit!

The only thing that I can suggest is to be sure to try some of that famous bread from Altamura. For one thing, it's supposed to be this huge, huge loaf! But in the event that you wouldn't want to lug home a monster of a bread, having a taste of it with the local dishes is a must!

Anonymous said...

Five days isn't very much! You could spend twice that just in Naples.
Since you start in Bari, why not meander up the Adriatic coast instead? It's wonderful, and not so closed up this time of year as the Med coast. If you could make it as far as il Conero, I would meet you there.
There are innumerable great places near there, like Lecce, Ascolo Piceni, Pesaro, il Conero which is a favorite of mine, Ancona, from which ferries also leave...
Let me know if you might be this side and I'll email you my number.