Sunday, May 28, 2006

New York Will Never be the Same!

**BIG SIGH**

Well... I got back from NYC on Wednesday afternoon, tired but oh so happy. It was a wonderful getaway trip with 3 of my fabulous girlfriends. We squeezed a years worth of fun and laughter into just a few short days, but it was worth every minute of the long journey across the water. Husbands are wonderful, but girlfriends are a luxury.

We drank icy proseco and ate scrumptious meals (LOVE the UNION SQUARE CAFE- especially our waiter Scott!!); told secrets and laughed until one of us wet our panties (I'll never tell who!); shopped til our feet wouldn't take us any further and treated ourselves to manicures and pedicures at a nifty little Korean nail bar called DIVA Nails; then fell into bed every night exhausted but satisfied, dreaming of our plans for the following day.


We bought clothes, and shoes (5 pairs really don't weigh anything!); had makeovers and indulged in new cosmetics; and bought treats for our loved ones back home. We did the touristy things like the hop on hop off double decker bus around the downtown area, stopping at Canal Street for new handbags (who knew Jimmy Choo was so inexpensive??); and the horse and buggy ride round Central Park on Sunday morning after breakfast at Sarabeth's. We rode the escalator in Trump Towers; saw the broadway production of Mamma Mia (ohhh what FUN that was!); one of us got her Manolo's altered; we shook hands with Jesse Garza (Oprah's personal stylist!); and bought books in Rizzoli's (the shop where Jackie O used to hang out).

We hit Barney's and Bendel's, Bergdorf's and Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, FAO Schwartz and Macy's. We fingered gowns with $8,000 price tags, spritzed ourselves with artisanal perfumes, and indulged in room service once or twice. **giggle**

Does it sound like we had fun? My gosh did we ever. We each bought a Union Square cookbook and signed them (yeah just like we did with our highschool yearbooks!), and we promised each other we'd do it again next year.

I can't wait.

(flickr is not cooperating with me so I can't access all my wonderful photos of NYC. If you're curious just click on my flickr badge and look at my New York set of photos sometime).

9 comments:

Haddock said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! :)

Turtle Guy said...

Start spreadin' the news... la la la...

Fantastic!

Now I need a vacation!

The SeaWitch said...

Yay! You're back...and I'm surprised you did return considering all the fun you guys had. Glad to hear it all went well. Life is meant for having fun :-)

melusina said...

Wow, NY sounds like fun! Glad you made it back safe and sound, with hopes for next year!

verniciousknids said...

Okaeri nasai (welcome home!)T1, I need a fabulous vacation like yours :D

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! Since you arrived home on Wednesday & you posted on Sunday - well, you must have been exhausted. I'd love to see all the treasurer's you found. Lee B.

Unknown said...

oh that sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to have a day like this...sometime. I miss my girlfriends dearly!

christina said...

Boy, is New York ever going to miss you guys! What a great time you had. Doesn't sound like it could have been any better.

Ginnie Hart said...

You clearly live life to the hilt, Kim, which is so inspiring! I think you and I could have had a contest on experiences in a short period of time, but you definitely win the prize for shopping :)