Tuesday, May 16, 2006

New York, New York!

In less than 10 hours I will begin my journey to NYC, and I am so looking forward to it although CNN's weather forecast doesn't look very bright. We start with a flight from Tirana to Vienna and then onward straight to New York. Still a long, long day considering the first flight takes off at 5 AM. Arggggh.

I'll be taking my laptop so don't forget to check in here as I will try to post some photos. Yes I promise to sight see between every shopping stop! I promise, I do. 4 wild women painting the town red- just imagine that! Sex and the city ain't got nothin on us. **giggle**

If anyone wants to share some insider tips on NYC for restaurants etc, please feel free! (Where do we buy the Manolo's??)

It's only 8 PM but my driver will ring my doorbell at 3:30 AM so I am off to read in bed and to try to catch a few winks.

Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it,
New York, New York
These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it
New York, New York
I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.

19 comments:

The SeaWitch said...

I can't believe you're leaving us again! Aaah, lifestyles of the rich and famous and the jet set crowd! LOL

Have a great trip and I'll be looking forward to some great photos. :-)

Ms Mac said...

Have a fabulous time!

ITS said...

Don't forget to pick up fake Louis Vuittons at Canal & Broadway. :D

Selfmaderadio said...

Indian restaurants smwhere at east village, 2nd or 3rd avenue.

Dean & de Luca (excellent bread and chease, expensive)

At Soho you may find the Manolo's although I don't really understand the hype

Live jazz bars allround Greenwhich (this place is anyway GREAT, east village too)

21st Century, downtown, close to once-twin towers, a good address for discount firmatto clothes (it's tiring but a lot of fun, one has to be in the mood for it))

Last, for you as a book lover: Barns&Noble's. I warn you, if you enter there you may forget to get out, and when you finally are out your pockets are empty.

Ginnie Hart said...

I'm SINGING with you! You're gonna have so much fun. I've been in NY and have driven through it from the airport to the Pocono Mtns. but I've never really SEEN NY. It's on our list of places to visit one of these years. It'll be fun to see it through your eyes in the meantime.

Paint it RED, indeed!

verniciousknids said...

I can't wait to see your pics. Have a safe and wonderful trip :D

Haddock said...

Have a wonderful time in NYC!

Cynthia Rae said...

Hey, didn't you just get back from the part of the world? Ok, now I am JEALOUS!

But have a great time! The last time I was there, I made my poor husband go to Little Italy with me! Can you believe that! hehehe. I am such a dork!

Cyn

Writer and Nomad said...

nyc is fabulous. it's the ultimiate city experience. just being there garners extra cool points. suddenly you feel such a part of the trendy rat race. and so many beautiful people to watch.

christina said...

Hope you have a fabulous time, you jetsetter you! :-) I'm sure your get together will produce many a fascinating blog entry.

Corrie said...

sounds like soo much fun! have a wonderful time! I'm very jealous! Looking forward to seeing pics and reading about your trip!

-Jackie

melusina said...

Sounds like a great trip! I hope you have a blast and don't get in TOO much trouble!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip

Kim/Thomas said...

Hey there is a great great restaurant, the thing is it's 4 hours from the city...I know you wanna come:):) they have gift shops here, your friends would like it:):) lets see if we can convince them:):)

I know, its a dream!
have a very very very safe trip kimmie!
xoxoxoxo kim

Kim/Thomas said...

I just remembered, go to the Meli Melo, I believe its on Madison Avenue!!

The Lobster ravioli is what I had for an entree, and mmmmm the hazelnut swan..mmmm *drooooool* It was somewhat (for NYC) reasonably priced!

Have fun!!
kim

Tracie P. said...

oohhh! have fun and be safe :)

Turtle Guy said...

you'll likely not get this before landing, but how exciting! Give my regards to Broadway!

Anonymous said...

Are you having fun yet ?

Anonymous said...

You might also want to check out the new Flagship Apple store that opened last night. ( Domt want to leave the link as it seeems to be vrashing my browser.