Friday, April 21, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gym...

I forgot to tell you about something fun that happened to me while I was walking to the gym this morning. My friend and I were stopped by this guy in a white jumpsuit who was standing in front of a large canvas on an easel, with a palette and some blobs of paint. He asked me to help him with a project he was doing. (There was also a guy with a movie camera behind him!) He handed me the paintbrush and said "paint us a picture of love"... so I thought and thought and stood there looking silly but finally painted some lovely, luscious red lips! He laughed and said "that's perfect" and then handed me this card:



You can look at their website at Painting Love and find out all about this wonderful street art project. And watch for it in a city near you! (And look!!! in May they'll be in where???? NEW YORK!!!)

Gotta love a group with this quote on its website:
"Terror is the most extreme result of a lack of love".

Amen.

11 comments:

Kim/Thomas said...

I think you are absolutely right! We must be soul sisters, I mean, come on, we share the same name afterall! :)

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I think that I would have painted a pair of luscious red lips too. ;-)

Had to smile at the previous post... unless that young man has an Oedipus complex, I suppose you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. Would have been flattering to be reminded of say... someone much more glamorous though right? ;-)

christina said...

That is SO cool. The guy at the start of the little film sounded so sad, as if he were about to cry, when he was explaing the reasons for this project, Almost made me cry as well. I guess love cand do that to a person. :-)

Can't wait to see YOUR painting featured there!

(P.S. the link didn't work for me until I took out a bit of the stuff at the front and just had the site name)

Cynthia Rae said...

How fun is THAT! Can not wait to see your art!

Cyn

Ginnie Hart said...

So Kim, you're in the movies again :) So cool indeed. I had the same problem as Christina but once I took out your URL and got to the site name, it worked perfectly. I love the business card as well. The whole idea is so creative.

Miss Kim said...

Hummm.... thanks for telling me about the broken link. I don't know how my url got in there since it wasn't in my html in the post! But I've tweeked it a bit and now it should work fine.
Anyhow-- the project looks lovely doesn't it?

Unknown said...

that is just so cool Kim!!! And that quote at the end really is just so wonderful!

P. said...

That's a great project! It's nice to hear about such things considering all the dreary news we get these days.

Nice blog too! I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures :)

Jade L Blackwater said...

Thanks for sharing "Painting Love"!

verniciousknids said...

Random events like this are what make life exciting :D

Unknown said...

Dear Traveller One and friends

It is so wonderful to read this great blog and your article about PL and all of your beautiful comments!!

I found this by accidence and it made me very happy! My friend Indrit is the one who asked you to paint love. I am the guy with the video camera who was filming you in Albania.

Thank you so much for joining the project and for telling others about Painting Love!

All the best
Bjarke