Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Dining Room, Vienna

I am thrilled to tell you about something very exciting that happened today to a very dear friend of mine. Her name is Angelika and she lives in Vienna and I first met her through a serendipitous reading of her fabulous food blog The Flying Apple. I started reading her blog well before she started working on her dream of opening an exclusive little restaurant right in her own home. On one of our trips to Vienna we met for dinner in a traditional Viennese restaurant and instantly became friends. She told us of her plans and we followed her dream on her blog as it became reality. Then on another trip to Vienna we were able to finally sit in her Dining Room and enjoyed a truly wonderful meal. Top Class. And she did it all herself.

Now, not only were we impressed, but today the on-line version of THE NEW YORK TIMES features a fabulous review of her restaurant! Isn't that wonderful??? I am so happy for Angelika and encourage you to make a reservation at the Dining Room if you're ever in Vienna.

3 comments:

SueCooksWild said...

Yes, isn't it wonderful about Angelika? She introduced me to your site and I visit it regularly, although I rarely comment. I do enjoy reading about your adventures abroad. And Hurrah for Angelika!

GMG said...

OK, since according to your views I never sit still, I'll check Angelica's my next time in Vienna... ;))
Have a great weekend!

Lynda said...

That is a seriously good promotion... well done! Always wonderful to hear about someone following their dream.