I've been tagged by the delightful Christina , an American expat in Germany- who I met last weekend. This is sort of a difficult meme for me to complete because I've been away from my home country for about 12 years, and honestly miss very few things.
Name five things you love in your new country:
1. The Mediterranean weather- we've had Spring like temperatures for a month already, though it's been a bit Wintery these past few days.
2. The way life changes so quickly in a developing country. Every week there's a positive change.
3. The warm, friendly people. Honestly, they are open and curious about everything.
4. Living just 20 minutes from both the mountains and the Adriatic Sea.
5. Outdoor cafes + terraces. Oh it is bliss to sit outside drinking GREAT inexpensive coffee!
Name four things that you miss from your native country:
1. Being able to buy anything and everything I need for any recipe in any cookbook.
2. Eavesdropping on a zillion little conversations a day.
3. Flirting with friends and being flirted with (in English)
4. Bookshops where I can browse and buy to my hearts content.
Name three things that annoy you a bit (or much) in your new country:
Name two things that surprise you (or surprised you in the beginning) in your new country:
1. Lack of electricity
2. Lack of much of a Muslim presence
Name one thing that you would miss terribly in your new country, if you had to leave it:
1. My amazing group of female friends.
Now who to tag??
Myrthe of The Armenian Odar
Cyndi of Re-boot: A New Life in Italy
Oreneta of Oreneta Aground
Jessica of In Search of Dessert
and Expat Traveller
If you've already done it, you're ahead of the game and can just link to your old post, otherwise hop to it!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License