Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Favorville : People Helping People

I watched an interview on this morning's news about this website: Favorville : People Helping People and immediately checked it out. What an amazing idea- "a social experiment in good will". I've always loved the movie "Pay It Forward" and have tried to explain the concept to more than a few eastern europeans. The idea of civic responsibility is not very well developed in ex-communist countries where society seems exceptionaly self-centered to me. This web site could start a trend towards just doing something nice for other people just because you can. I hope it doesn't turn into an "I'll do this for you if you do that for me" sort of place.
The world definitely needs a zillion more Random Acts of Kindness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd totally agree with that! I do hope the weather doesn't take too much a toll on you!