Sunday, March 12, 2006

All I Want for Christmas....

Okay.... Santa if you're listening....
this is what I want for Christmas:
But ummm...
Christmas is just sooooooooo far away....
and my birthday just passed... and so did Valentines day....
****thinking****
What occasion warrants a little present?
Hummm....
****sigh****
I don't know.... maybe just returning to Tirana deserves a gift!
Anyhow... if you are an expat living outside North America I bet you will want one too! The Sling Box connects to a TV in the USA or Canada and connects via a router to your home computer. You install a bit of software on your laptop and then-- here comes the fun part-- you can watch your home TV ANYWHERE in the world as long as you can connect to the internet! Your home TV doesn't even have to be turned on and your family at home can be watching their own shows and you can still watch what you like on your laptop in Timbuctu!
My only problem so far is that the Sling Box is only available in the US, so I am waiting for it to come to Canada. Let me give credit to American Girl in Italy for sharing this interesting new bit of technology!
Wouldn't it be fun?

No comments: